Creating a newsletter people actually want to read & social media secrets from the oscars with Josh Spector
Josh Spector has created something very rare – that’s an email newsletter that you actually want to read every single week.
His newsletter ‘For the interested’ now has a following of 25,000 people and he specialises in helping other people create successful newseletters.
But that’s not where he started. Josh has been in social media for quite some time and he has some remarkable stories to tell about working in social media for the Oscars and for The Academy Of Motion Pictures.
In fact, he was directly involved with the famous Ellen selfie, with a mass of celebrities in one photograph, that ended up breaking the world record by getting 3.2 million retweets.
So if you’re looking for a whole bunch of tips on how to make your newsletter really compelling, and some key insights into how social media really works then this is the episode for you.
Ellen’s record breaking (and twitter breaking!) tweet…
And Josh’s reply (for The Academy)…
What is Josh currently up to? (by Josh)
- I’m consulting with clients to help them grow their audience, grow their business, or grow their newsletter. And sometimes, all three.
- I’m publishing my For The Interested newsletter every week for three years and counting (except for the one week I took off for my wedding in 2016).
- I’m publishing a new blog post at least once a week on Medium.
- I’m sharing valuable tips and connecting a community in the Newsletter Creators Facebook group.
- I’m developing a course called the Newsletter Accelerator which will be designed to help you grow your newsletter.
- I’m tweeting a lot.
- I’m enjoying my life in a great city with a great wife – both of which continue to put up with me for some reason.
This is accurate as of May 29, 2019 and is subject to change, except for the part about my wife hopefully.
- Newsletter Creators – Newsletter Accelerator Course
- For the Interested newsletter
Listen To All Episodes
Music provided by Argofox:
TheDiabolicalWaffle – My Wish